GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

its a long way to the export market

1. 3,062 Posts.
    is it true ,federal government approval for processes,but will it pass in Tassie-----tough regulations,the poster who said if built it will ruin Tassie might be right,imagine the impact on tourism with that whiff of resin floating through the atmosphere,people wondering is it really that clean,what impact does it really have on the environment ,how does it affect primary producers,just thinking how a green might look at it all.

then the real issue of number crunching with a potential financier and the real impact on shareholders,will shareholders actually be any better off.

how hard will it be to make a profit,it doesnt come automatically ,the cost of processing and exporting, how will growers and stakeholders in plantations be inspired to commit to presumably very thin market based margins.

plantation timber is not free,it is built on a large cost base largely made effective by generous historical tax concessions.

so i see this as a conditional rubber stamp that might in itself be sufficient to destroy the economics of the chain of operation--from grower to export.

assuming it did go ahead,what are the risks that might bring economic failure.

its really hard to see how things might be in presumably 3-5 years time when it is operationally effective.

think i will be sitting on the sidelines for quite a while

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.