GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

Joridigi It is a very emotive subject so I know we won't agree...

1. 2,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Joridigi

It is a very emotive subject so I know we won't agree nor do I expect us to.

I respect your opinions and fears regarding the Pulp Mill and to some degree we are both working on hypotheticals.

Look, in NZ they have got industry [manufacturing, mining, etc., etc.] sticking out of their ears and it hasn't affected them. You can't just rely on tourism, nor can you be a NIMBY. [Put it anywhere you like but Not In My Back Yard]. Too many nimby's and self interest groups becoming too emotionally rather than rationally involved. Emotions don't pay the bills. Step back and have a look at it.

Truly, when you look across the Tamar from Beauty Point or similar yes, you can see commerce because it is the ONLY INDUSTRY in the entire area so of course it stands out. But it isn't an eyesore. It simply isn't THAT big a deal. If that little bit of industry on such a huge island is going to send everyone in to a tailspin then God help Tas! Like it or hate it is vital that more of the same comes. Not everything in Tas can be an "eco-friendly" tourism venture painted green so you can't see it, although Dick Smith even tried to get one of those up and going and was told to nick off because someone had seen the endangered hairy nosed, left footed, long eared, spotted bum tit mouse I mentioned in a previous post somewhere in the area. He took his money and walked away. Shame on you Tassie.

Sure there are disasters {the Queenstown "Moonscape" on West Coast comes to mind] but that is same all over Aust. but these days they get just about everything right. They have to as the threat of shut down is very real as is the anger of the locals if they stuff up.

The whole of Tassie will not fall over and die because someone sticks a new enterprise on the side of the Tamar. You already have the Aluminium Plant, Wood Chip facility, deep water jetty facilities, Power station, etc. there so hardly unspoiled now! Far from it. Most [believe it or not] will celebrate. [wish I owned a few acres and/or rental houses in Georgetown now for instance].

Some of my staff bought houses for a song in Windermere and now they will be laughing!

Living around Beaconsfield, Batman Bridge,Robigana, Swan Bay, or wherever you are THE PULP MILL WILL NOT AFFECT YOU ONE IOTA! Well, actually yes it will, but for the better.

The Pulp Mill is not just a new venture for Tas it is a shift in thinking, mindset, culture and economics.

All good.

I respect and understand your views Joridigi. I am not the kind who stands on a soapbox or champions a cause but being also physically involved I passionately believe in what I say and know this is the start of the move forward for Tassie. Gunns, well that may or may not be. Time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.