GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

its a long way to the export market, page-14

1. 2,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Thank you Gambier33

And I would live there too.

I know a lot of people who already do and despite all the jokes, none of them have 2 heads or glow in the dark.

I just wish a lot of the people who are going on about it would do one simple thing. GO AND HAVE A LOOK!

When you get in to an emotional debate sensibility and rationality are the first 2 casualties followed closely by the truth!

I live there and the TRUTH is it won't worry me one little bit because I know what it will mean to Tas despite the best efforts of a small minority.

Talking to most people it is the NIMBY factor they most have in mind.

Believe it or not most Tassie's don't mind it [or even care less] as long as THEY don't have it near them!! That is what most of it boils down to so they jump on the anti Mill train which makes Bob [the alternative Premier] feel great but they are only there for their own ends not those of Bob or Tassie. Very narrow minded and deceptive in terms of support numbers.

Being in Tourism [Hospitality] I hear huge cross sectional comments from people from all over the world and from both genders and all age groups. Invariably they are not against development [they are obviously not talking about a Pulp Mill or getting in to the politics]so long as it is sensibly done.

I could go on regarding Tas population [no bigger than a medium regional mainland City] and that your small numbers have to carry the full cost of State infrastructure inc Police, Hospitals, Elec., Gas, Roads, Parliament,Gov. Dept's., etc., etc., but it won't help. Look around you. At the state of your roads, the lack of resources, the few people in law enforcement, the high cost of electricity, etc. You have got to have more commerce. Commerce brings people. People earn money. Money equates to taxes. Taxes fix your problems. Not rocket science.

I am frustrated that the State is being held to ransom by a few who, while well meaning in their intent and own minds, are going to hurt Tassie in the long run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.