GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Bond prices are being successfully manipulated to stop interest...

1. 24,765 Posts.
    Bond prices are being successfully manipulated to stop interest rates from making substantial increases:

Dan Norcini had this to say:

"Once again the bond market is displaying very unusual behavior considering the money flow back into risk trades. One would think that the sheer supply of bonds coming to the market to fund US spending orgies coupled with a surge in the broader equity markets would knock the props out from under the bond market and send them sharply lower with a corresponding move higher in long term rates.

Not so!

That alone is what makes the price action there so bizarre. I have said this before based on what I can see occurring in that market, I am convinced that the US monetary authorities have their pals at work artificially propping up the bond market in an attempt to force longer term rates lower, or at the very least, prevent them from rising. The Fed and its cronies do not want to see higher interest rates, no matter what kind of blather comes out of their yakking mouths."

At http://jsmineset.com/2010/02/09/hourly-action-in-gold-from-trader-dan-214/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.