GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

ctindale said: "Bernanke will fail it doesnt matter how much you...

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    ctindale said: "Bernanke will fail it doesnt matter how much you cheer him on, you cant make something from nothing"

I don't think anyone really thinks he is going to "succeed" as such, what is it that Bernanke is trying to achieve? Probably just enough stability in the financial system for the economy to be able to return to normal. No one on either side of the inflation/deflation fence thinks he is going to achieve that. He will over or under shoot the mark, no question, the real question is the timing as to how it all unravels.

You've been saying for what 5 months now (?) that GFC2 will start in 3-6 months and Gold will be hammered, etc. What if it doesn't happen in the next couple of months?

Only a couple of months ago Dubai hit the news, everyone was saying that was the start of the next market leg down...then they got backed stopped...market continued to rally. What if the same happens with Greece, ECB or Germany comes out with a solution that the market likes...markets start to rally again, everyone talking of inflation, rush to Gold continues...do you really believe that they can't keep the lie going for another 6 months? Another 12 months perhaps? They've kept it going this long...the debt ceiling in the US has just been raised another $1.9t, you think they won't try for another stimulus/bailout before the game is up?

Maybe the timing that woteva speaks of is dead on, perhaps they paper over the sovereign debt crisis for the next 12 months and we see the mother of all booms based on an expectation of inflation, Gold to $5000, markets touching on old highs and then early next year the market realises that it can't be kept up and it all unravels...deflation sets in and we see the GFC2 crisis that you envisage, perhaps your Gold to $750 is instead Gold to $2000 (down from $5000).

As I've said in other posts I see your scenario as a possible one, just think if it is going to occur then your timing is off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.