PYC 1.04% 9.7¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Its a small world

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1899

There was some recent discussion around the advantages of relocating to the northern hemisphere where research would be centrally located in an international hub. Phylogica meanwhile has nailed its colours to the mast with its focus upon ASOs and in particular PPMO therapies.

I recently checked Google Maps to discover that one of the leading global expert centres in the development of antisense oligonucleotide therapies and PPMO technology is located just 20 minutes away in downtown Perth. Its a small world.

Is the Centre for Comparative Genomics, led by Steve Wilton and Sue Fletcher, a really top notch institution? Looking back at some articles heralding their work my favourite was a comment in October 2016 by former WA Chief Scientist Lyn Beasley who said that their research in molecular genetics was so important and the ramifications so significant that the award of a Nobel Prize would be unsurprising. Another way to answer the question would be to ask Sarepta.

The collaboration between Phylogica and the Centre for Comparative Genomics could be as equally exciting as the initial breakthrough that led to a therapy for DMD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.