ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

its actually a win!, page-10

1. 8,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2841
    goodaye Silent-one,
    yep I too am curious as to what the costs are wrt drilling these first few shale gas wells.
    I do recall seeing some figures on costs, but I cannot recall where i read them, but i recall it was quite high ie like A$30m type numbers?

BPT Qtly Report Period ending 30 June 2010
    Shale Gas
    Drilling of a two well exploration program targeting Shale Gas potential within the South Australian portion of the Nappamerri Trough, is now expected to commence in mid to late August with Encounter-1, followed by Holdfast-1 in mid-October. The program is expected to cost approximately $19 million

**** Closest I can find is BPT Preso Slide 26 - 30 Aug 2010.
    says: FY 2011 Indicative Capital Requirements -
    Exploration capital
    Australasia & Unconventional * A$117m
    Internationaland new ventures ** A$12m
    Total exploration capital A$129m
    Total capital A$245m
    * Includes $53 million for unconventional targets
    ** Excludes Abu Sennanand Mesahacontingent capital

So seems to say unconv expl expenditure (must be Cooper Basin) for FY2011 will be $53m ???

BPT preso 4/7/2011 Slide 23 says BG Group Haynesville Average cost per well US$9m.

I do note ASX release says:
    " * Beach will fund Icon?s share of the farmin operations at an estimated cost of $16 million (gross), with the exception of a $1.75 million contribution to be made by Icon;
    * the cost of fracture stimulation, completing and flow testing the well will be paid by the Joint Venture parties in proportion to their Participating lnterest shares;"

thus what does "farmin operations" expenditure mean ???
    I have got no idea.
    obviously not fraccing, completion or flow testing.

so maybe seismic, planning etc ?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.