RAN 0.00% 0.6¢ range international limited

RAN's 3 major costs are the cost of purchased plastic,...

1. 220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    RAN's 3 major costs are the cost of purchased plastic, electricity and employment. Plastic purchases are by far the largest cost. In Indonesia during the last year I have been told that the cost to buy recycled soft plastic has fallen from over US$0.45 per kg to US$0.25 per kg
    Outside Indonesia the equivalent price is less than US$0.20 per kg and is still under relentless downward pressure.
    This fact alone is a HUGE win for RAN as i would estimate from company reports that at full capacity they can consume about 30 million kg of soft plastic per annum. There is no shortage of soft plastic waste available in Java let alone what might eventually get imported.
    Assumed selling prices for the existing suite of products are competitive with wood while strength, durability and longevity are of course greater than wood.
    And then there is the environmental benefit but lets put that aside for the purpose of this post.
    At RAN's current market cap the ONLY story that is worth debating is sales and sales capability. IF the sales effort proves successful then in my estimate an EBITDA of US$0.045 per share is comfortably obtainable.
    Like others i am perplexed as to how the company originally found a value well above A$1.00 per share but i have no doubt that at its current valuation the risk reward makes it an outstanding speculative buy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.