Vaccines do work. A very few have adverse side effects; if I was...

1. 2,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    Vaccines do work. A very few have adverse side effects; if I was highly anaphylactic, morbidly obese or reacted badly to other vaccines I probably would not get it.

i am fully vaccinated with Pfizer, had a dead arm for a day after first shot, sore arm and a bit of a head ache for the second. I know quite a few front line hospital workers and have heard quite a few horror stories of those that have had covid but yet to hear about vaccine adverse reactions; whether that is because they are covered up ( which I doubt as when I got vaccinated there were about 60-100 people in the post area all on their phones).
    Here is a link to plenty of info:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

There is a lot of scientific evidence that vaccination is an effective strategy to minimize both the risk of personal health impact of the disease (reduces the need for hospitalization in the vast majority of those vaccinated) reduces the viral load of individuals (so they don't get either as sick or shed as much;reducing the amount of people they infect) I think the main risk is mutation into a highly transmissible strain that is far more deadly. However I do know of health workers in their early 30's who have been impacted very badly by the long covid and have not been able to function (similar to chronic fatigue) as a parent or return to work.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.