PNV 2.02% $2.42 polynovo limited

It's begun- Shorters beginning to close their PNV positions, page-17

1. 523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    i don't agree Tudor on your comments..
    We are in a digital world where people can now efficiently trade in smaller parcels without a broker charging high trade fees.
    The share market today is avail to more people at a lower price point due to decreasing cost of trade.

Increased liquidity doesn't necessarily improve price. That's bogus...
    If there are more people wanting to sell increased liquidity would add sell side pressure. If more people wanted to buy increased liquidity would increase prices.

Long term but and holds don't add anything to the market? What nonsense. Each person has a different risk profile. What you may call a long hold someone wants or needs to sell at. Even those holding shares longer term aren't locked into that. They can choose whenever they want to sell those shares or buy more.

There are several countries now banning shorting and their exchanges work just fine without shorting and there is far less volatility.

I agree putting shorters into a seperate market ; futures; cfds; etc put them there;where they can gamble away.

These enormous institutions with hundreds of millions of dollars have access to shorting that most retailers do not.

I cannot see value in shorters at all.
    Their HFT algorithms are trying to drive prices down, selling 5-250 dollars at a time. These are unnatural trades and retailers in general aren't buying and selling 1-10 shares at a time due to the costs being too high.

Another option I think the ASX should consider is to put a min buy sell order in play to prevent this cascading effect of shorter algorithms manipulating the market. These algorithms are set and forget. There is little to no human intervention. I don't want to compete against a computer when I am trading. And nor do I want to wear a brokerage fee when I want to buy say 10 K of a share and only 3-4 shares get fulfilled and I get charged brokerage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.42
Change
-0.050(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.670B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.40 $2.45 $2.35 $3.794M 1.575M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2112 $2.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.42 27096 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.