FAR 2.00% 49.0¢ far limited

It's coming..., page-70

1. 5,719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1600
    With this $1m cost of arbitration that gets thrown around HC, is this just the cost to lodge an arbitration case and legal costs are on top of that?

I cannot see anyone being able to say arbitration is going to cost $1m max to FAR. From memory the $1m is a quote from FAR but we know that the early quotes from FAR regarding PE need to be taken with a grain of salt - eg the 'expected to take 12 months from filing', but I digress.

The lawyers will likely be paid on a hourly type of rate. I have never heard of a lawyer say 'yep we will bill you a maximum of $1m to deal with this case and there will be no exclusions/additions etc'. That type of deal becomes quite costly (ie less profitable) for a lawyer as the more time they spend on the case the less the revenue they generate per hour. This is even more so as a case drags on.

Being involved in the professional services industry myseklf a KPI of such 'set fee' deals is that you spend as little time as required/possible on it. I would hope this is not the case for FAR's arbitration given they only have one chance at it and COP will throw plenty of money at their lawyers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.