DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

its confirmed , dte is a dog, page-9

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    imo the 10 ton elephant in the room is the fracking process. It has become a very emotive subject. Dart has so much of it's acreage in Australia, UK and Europe where much of the population is in fear of poisoning the water table through injecting chemicals into the coal deposits.

I can understand the disquiet. It concerns me too, and I'm a shareholder!!! If Dart was a US corporation things would be different. Over there big oil rules the roost, and the prime motivator is profit. You only have to drive through suburban LA and look at all the oil wells dotted around the suburbs, a sight you would never see in Sydney or London or Paris. Certainly fracking has changed the economics of the US to the point where oil and gas released from coal deposits is expected to change the US from an energy importer to a net exporter in the next 5 years, maybe sooner.

Here there is a different dynamic. Our world doesn't revolve around big oil and there is much more resistance to fracking. Our oil companies don't have the same sort of political clout.

Irrespective of AIM listing, I feel the only thing that will put a fire under the sp is a go ahead to allow drilling/fracking and that is going to be difficult. Politicians will be very cautious before they allow it and will require more scientific evidence to be accumulated.It may be possible to commence drilling in remote areas in the near future, but I can't see it happening where there is the slightest possibility of mistakes/damage occurring. There would be a large political backlash.

So, don't expect a multi-bagger for some time yet. I think we are in for a long wait.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.