TLS 2.41% $3.82 telstra group limited

Small Fry is old enough to make his own financial decisions. He...

1. 143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Small Fry is old enough to make his own financial decisions. He was pretty adamant about how poor a stock TLS was - not one nice thing to say in months of constant posting - so to suggest he was bullied into it by someone posting charts (that Small Fry kept saying was wrong) is a rather unique interpretation of events.

I don't recall anyone threatening you. I do remember suggesting to you that some of your comments regarding another poster were out of line, and then you continued on being inappropriate. I didn't report you, but obviously someone did. Perhaps take that as meaning that sort of commentary isn't welcome here.

I also don't think anyone on here objects to reasoned discussion of the company. However, you can't honestly say that's what we've been getting here of late. There have been two posters who flooded the board with multiple posts each day, saying the same things and abusing holders of the stock.

Yes, TLS's share price has been trading in the $5:05-5:30 range for a while, while some other telcos have seen some jumps in the last few weeks. TLS's trading range is lower than it was a year ago - along with numerous other stocks on the market. If you held a year ago, your holding is worth less than what it was. However, that also means it's cheaper to buy now and the yield is greater. Is it worth it, with the prospect of increased competition from other telcos? No-one had that discussion because two people hijacked the forum and made it all about them.

When someone relentlessly posts negative views about a stock that they don't own, people start to think that they have an ulterior motive for doing so. If that person then buys in to that stock, it lends credence to that argument. Why buy in if they think it's so bad? Why trash it relentlessly if you think it's going to go up shortly?

As someone replied multiple times, we all have different timeframes - some people are looking at short-term trades, others for long-term holds. Both are fine and it's up to the individual what they want to do. But either way, it's quite easy to behave as an adult and be respectful of other people who come here for information and intelligent discourse. If you're getting reported numerous times - or temporarily suspended - for breaches of HotCopper's Terms of Use then that's entirely your own fault.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.82
Change
0.090(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $44.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.83 $3.76 $144.1M 37.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 41410 $3.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.82 559861 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.