It's Friday March 2nd, page-55

1. 3,058 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    Been doing some deep thinking about this pineapple award and the governing rules and criteria to be declared the winner of said esteemed award. Not sure about what others think, but from my perspective, the award should go to the person with zero points (criteria 1), most number of entries (criteria 2) and most importantly, with the lowest average out (criteria 3). I know in the past it has gone to the person with the highest average out but it makes more sense to my brain to award the pineapple to someone who has essentially been “unlucky”. If you look at the averages out for February, many points winners had bigger averages out than those who got no points. Although grateful for another pineapple, IMHO (H= humble) Farlap should have been awarded the pineapple based on my calculation methodology above. We were both unlucky not to get at least 1 point, but Farlap’s average out was better than many who got points. I’m not proposing we change this now, rather, consider what the pineapple “means” and its original intent. There may be some history in the archives of the minds of some of the more experienced Pinners. Feel free to share. Anyway, just my view.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.