The current govt are going to have to follow through with some...

1. 2,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    The current govt are going to have to follow through with some of the measures proposed by the greens which I think will be necessary to take more heat out of housing markets which is still at bubble prices IMO.

I think they will definitely have to limit negative gearing and take CGT discount off investment properties and make both retrospective as well as introduce a wealth tax of sorts to take disproportionately from those who have made gains from the property boom. This will cause a lot of anger among those that have benefited by accumulating property but the reality is the last govt have tipped the pendulum too far so some desperate measures are needed.

I think any highly leveraged who have bought in during the boom are going to feel the pinch especially as the inflation rate and hence rates will not turn down any time soon and the real pain will be in 2023-2024. This will be compounded as the assets start to shed at a faster rate and many assets will be heavily negative.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.