GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

@moorookamick.thats exactly what i said, if you ahve enough...

1. 2,182 Posts.
    @moorookamick.
    thats exactly what i said, if you ahve enough clout (ie money) you can make the piper play your tune and watch the crowd dance.

@rickyJm.
    there was no gloat, i am not one to gloat...... but it was just a note that for you to claim other posters had been right all along then we would have had to see the POG at $800. approx half its current price now.
    which allows me to point out that an investment in gold in 2008 would have returned you a 100% profite if sold now, and a 150% profit if sold in sept 2011 (its previous high)
    which sort of undoes your claim of a term deposit performing better, at 4.75% /annum compounded, less inflation, less tax...... gives you about 1.25%?? (whoopydoo, you can't retire on incomes like that?)
    Maybe you and skol should start a double act, go tour the leagues clubs.... offering a comical take on financial advice.... for the plebs feeding the pokies thinking its an investment.

@Skol.... Oh skolly, skolly, skolly, why do you persist, GOLDS not gone anywhere near wher you said it would for the last 2 years and once again your 'cherry picking' dates trying to choose the sept 2011 top for maximum effect to suit your statement as proof
    However.... i'll take a couple of weeks before, form august to show just how fast gold can and will move once all the procrastinating polliticians, bankers and various hangers on fail to keep a lid on their handling of this financial problem.
    So......if we look at august 2011, approx 18 mnth ago ( as per your call) the POG was

$1620 rising to $1880 during the following 3 weeks.
    if its $1609 this morning, then thats hardly a collapse and if you were smart and did a soros, getting out near the top to buy back again, then you would have made an easy 20% profit.
    So, before we all get carried away with the "i told you so" back slapping lets just see once this annoying sideways trading stops... and the situation is forced.
    I think the noise form the bears will be conspiculously absent again when the POG shoots up in a few weeks once the budget cuts and tax increases start in the US.
    But lets see, I could be wrong, they may actually have some solid growth to support a rampant stock market.... so far i havent seen any proof of that these companies are being driven by earnings.
    to me, the idea of gold languishing in this same trading range for another 12 months is not probable, things are moving outside of direct control as more countries seek to protect their domestic markets, and when Ms. Lagarde is seen saying "Zere iz Zero currency wars, repeat Zero"
    you know full well they are craping themselves to keep the lid on the bottle, while being powerless to stop the japanese from doing whatever they need to do.
    Becasue the Japs know they need to fortify their position against the growing financial and millitary threat fro teir old enemy China....they cant rely on uncle sam anymore as they know the yanks are bankrupted, (as they are themselves), both of them in their final death throws ?? who knows, but its sure as hell not the end of Golds bull run, its just had a breather before an assault on $2000+ some time soon.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.