LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

it's happening...., page-7

1. 19,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4974
    Sorry, it was TMR's In-situ TREO % that I was after. When I first alerted Gareth to Duncan last year he brought it onto his index but as a weighted compilation with CLD.
    That was really handy as it represented a 50/50 CLD/Duncan feed weighted for the different grades & distribution and it was easy to apply the % increase to the currently projected TPA for each REO.

Back again after walking the dogs and two thoughts occured:

1. Probably need to redo the numbers anyway due to the small change in grade at both deposits.
    2. Do we know if Stage 2 is integrated or is it just a mirror copy of S1, a stand alone circuit? If the latter LYC is probably not doing the metallurgy for a combined feed but a stand alone feedstock for the second circuit i.e. S1 processing CLD Xenotime & S2 processing Duncan Churchite!
    I imagine that would make the metallurgy a lot faster/easier and still leave the CLD feed open to say Dy enrichment from NTU.

I was originally looking at this to get a handle on LYC's proportion of new CREO production by tonnage thru 2015 to get an idea of supply/demand & likely price trends for CREO but if my assumption above is correct the financials become dead easy.
    Simply multiply the CLD basket x 11KT & Duncan basket x 11KT and bingo - LAMP 1&2 annual revenue!

Purely for an interesting comparison Gareth has also calculated a Dec 11 basket for each deposit:
    Duncan $148, CLD $116 and poor old Moly was way back at $83 so I imagine they would be sub $70 now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.