LYC 1.15% $7.71 lynas rare earths limited

progol, I honestly have no idea where LYC's going next. Just...

1. 1,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    progol, I honestly have no idea where LYC's going next. Just watching, waiting. If you're a long termer, no way the price isn't going higher with the next uber duber announcement, just might dip a lot lower first to clean out the daytraders like me. If you haven't noticed, the modus operandi of Lynas, Malaysian govt etc is to say yeah, yeah, yeah it'll all be sorted in a couple weeks, then weeks, months, years go by and nothing, all the while price grinds down because the pros know they're full of it. I hope for a shakeout because when it happens the pros have showed their hand and you just wait for that explosion of volume after a 10/15% drop during the day and just jump in, set your stops a bit below the day's low, then walk away from the computer - hard watching them thrash the price around at the lows trying to keep everyone out of the move. At those rare times, you know you're right, just walk away and come back to a trade stopped out at a small loss or a great profit.

omg - liked your point. Lots of parallels to Paladin at the lows, with Uranium prices at that point, they couldn't turn a profit, but they went up anyway, guess the world isn't entirely convinced nuclear power is a bad thing yet. Same as Fortescue at the lows, oh no, they can't turn a profit at current iron ore prices, they're doomed, that was sub-$3, went over $5 recently, just a game. Same as Lynas, oh no REO prices are going back to $15/kg, Lynas wont' survive. Last time China put REO producers out of business was in the 90s, don't remember IPhones, IPads or anything like that back then. Obviously the demand for this stuff isn't gonna drop off so buying LYC shares is a bet on future demand like anything else I guess. I'm sure a safe bet if your timeframe for selling is months / years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.