SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

"It's not bad, but it's not incredible."

1. 4,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Here's what a current employee say about S&G UK . May 2017

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/Slater-and-Gordon-UK-Reviews-E840904.htm

Current Employee - Fee Earner
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO
    I have been working at Slater & Gordon UK full-time

Pros
    - On the balance of things, salary is pretty decent and if you perform well, you're also entitled to an exceptional bonus.
    - The office is good, very modern and has good facilities all round.
    - In terms of litigation experience, it is great. I graduated a year ago and I am now litigating files which is fantastic for my CV.
    - IT systems are up-to-date and there are good support services available if … Show More

Cons
    - There is absolutely no opportunity for progression. There are no training contracts offered whatsoever. As someone who wants to be a Solicitor, this is very upsetting at times.
    - Slater Gordon Solutions Legal is not a very-well run business and is surrounded by a lot of bureaucracy and admin instead of actual application of the law. The case management system is horrific and the actual management are so detached from the issues staff face.
    - File load is often unreasonable and you're thrown in the deep end with the work. It's not a difficult job to run the files, but the sheer volume means that you can't give 100% to clients sometimes.
    - A combination of lack of training, poor supervision, bad press and workload does lower morale and management do very little to try and improve this.Show Less

Advice to Management
    Re-open training contract applications for internal staff to encourage ambition within the firm.
    Replace the bureaucrats running Slater Gordon Solutions with experienced lawyers who can draw up a strategy. Throw thousands at these lawyers to encourage them to come.
    Hire more people in order to handle the high volume of work, so everyone can have manageable caseload and concentrate on putting clients first.
    Encourage better supervision and improve morale with extra added perks (e.g days off, socials)
    MORE TRAINING!! Sometimes I haven't got a clue what i'm doing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.