It's now illegal to criticise the Government, page-40

1. 461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    @Sidonicus1

It would have been helpful for him to provide sources to the exemption that allows companies that "were large at [the] end of first financial year ending after 9 December 1995" to not file financial reports with ASIC.
    i.e. https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-resources/financial-reporting-and-audit/preparers-of-financial-reports/large-proprietary-companies-that-are-not-disclosing-entities/exemption-from-having-to-lodge-a-financial-report-for-grandfathered-large-proprietary-company/

It should be noted that it does not mean that companies are exempt from reporting to the ATO or that it makes any difference to listed companies since they typically report to the ASX. It is also not possible for more companies to gain an exemption, it was a one-off. The list will diminish over time as old companies close. Furthermore, the exemption is specific to filing - they are still required to write reports, conduct audits and store records. This means that during a criminal investigation, their records can be accessed.

I would consider it a privacy loophole.

A few companies in the attached list of 1498 exempt companies:
    STAR TRACK EXPRESS PTY LIMITED
    SEAFOLLY PTY. LIMITED
    PAYLESS SHOES PTY LTD
    DARRELL LEA CHOCOLATE SHOPS PTY LTD
    MCCAIN FOODS (AUST) PTY LTD
    7-ELEVEN STORES PTY LTD
    DYMOCKS HOLDINGS PTY LTD
    WINDSOR SMITH PTY. LIMITED
    WITCHERY FASHIONS PTY. LTD.
    RAMSAY HEALTH CARE LIMITED
    companies.txt

When you put a face to the billionaires this presenter is talking about it does not seem as sinister as his gestures and tone may suggest. It would be stretching it to assume that all these entities are active (i.e. not passive holding companies) or even donate to political parties. In any case, the poor and middle class outnumber the billionaires so whoever wins the election can thank the non-billionaires.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.