Its our Community - so What Are the Moderation Rul

1. 10,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Gday all,

as you may or may not be aware Pat has set about appointing a number of community moderators to act on a voluntary basis on behalf of the HC community.

Bottom line is that outside of straight breaches of the ASIC rules the standard of communication (what will and won't be tolerated here) is more or less up to the community as I understand it.

In the last few years I regularly communicated with the then paid Wealthpoint Mods re standards such as not using multiple symbols and All Capitals in headers, swearing, oversize gifs etc and an informal set of rules seemed to get set in place as time went on and we all contributed our thoughts..

Remembering that the site is now moderated retrospectively it is inevitable that there will be posts appear that would not have got through in the past but how do we as a community decide what is OK and what should go ?

So here are a few of my ideas

1/ Posts to be kept to discussion on the merits (or lack of) of stocks only. Personal attacks (flaming) not to be tolerated.

2/ Religious / Political threads that may be considered racist or otherwise offensive to go.

3/ No swearing.

Remember that because this is an open and anonymous forum it is next to meaningless to talk about explelling posters as they simply rejoin under new nicks (don't they gp, lol!!)

So what are your thoughts ?

Also, remember that if it is done right the opportunity always exists for ongoing discussion of what the standards are / should be. Not everybody is ever going to agree and inevitably people will get miffed off, but the rules need to be for the benifit of the whole community - not a few noisy or aggressive posters.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.