LTR 0.55% 91.0¢ liontown resources limited

IT''S OVER ! Sodium Ion batteries is NOW !, page-52

1. 9,095 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17677
    Each battery has its own advantages and disadvantages - it is about what the future batteries are the key. The growing EV market requires a combination of all battery types, but range and energy density and km to recharge the key for NCM and NCA batteries and solid state batteries. People need to make up their own mind, noting TESLA has its own contracts with battery manufacturers. If you are going to drive a car in the city for short trips then a car with a LFP battery will probably work best for you, longer range and need for higher speed well it will be another battery type. The graph I provided from benchmark shows what most are forecasting as battery types, but ultimately that can change as new technology emerges.
    What Batteries Are Tesla Using In Its Electric Cars? (insideevs.com)

At the end of the day what makes hard rock competitive is battery type and the need for low impurities. Clearly hydroxide is the domain of hardrock, but even batteries that require carnbonate can be the domain of hard rock where those battery types will need low impurities (like solid state batteries). In terms of LFP they will be the domain of brines IMO given those batteries are unlikely to need the level of 'good' lithium inputs - i.e. impurities don't have to be as strict as other battery types.

We can go around in circles around battery types but people need to make up their own minds. If you feel battery types going forward will be predominantly be sodium and LFP or NCM 1:1:1 or 5:3:2 batteries then you should not be investing in a hard rock deposit IMO. If you see the future as predominantly NCA, NCM 6:2:2 or 8:1:1 or solid state batteries or a battery where range/power is the key then hard rock is for you, which is what I think.

Anyway, I will make this my last post on battery types as I spelt out my views above and each needs to make their own opinion of what they think is a consumers predominant EV need, and obviously keep an eye on R&D and how that might improve voltage, watts and distance to recharge and acceleration speed with battery types for each EV.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.55%)
Mkt cap ! $2.231B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.5¢ 94.0¢ 90.5¢ $7.916M 8.605M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 341104 91.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
91.5¢ 433776 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.59pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.