Experiencing sunset going forwards? Are you talking 2 years or...

1. 263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Experiencing sunset going forwards? Are you talking 2 years or 20 years? Despite the push towards renewable energy, demand for coal and oil is expected to "increase" for the foreseeable future (this is based on the IEA), with supply lagging. Why as an investor would you not take advantage of the current mispricing now? This is not a day trade. Oil and Coal are two industrial commodities that the world cannot do without and the globe cannot just shift to 100% renewables at the flick of a switch. This transition will take time, possibly decades. Lockdowns have mostly ended, most of western society will be mostly vaccinated by the end of the year. We're not going to see oil demand plummet like it did last year.

I mean you've said it yourself, you have to make hay whilst the sun shines. This no different to you jumping in and out of stocks over the last year or two. I actually think this could be a multi-year bull run for coal and oil, and I'm by no means anti-renewables, I'm well for it.

We've seen coal stocks like WHC almost treble in the space of 4 months, and this was as the coal price had just reached all time highs back in June (3 months ago).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.