...importance of being nimble, when facts change we change. I...

1. 22,817 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2072
    ...importance of being nimble, when facts change we change. I don't intend to be perma-bear, never have, but when it is bearish , don't deny it is not by putting on rose-coloured spectacles.
    ...over the coming years, we (world) risk facing a very different world, perhaps even a great reset as the world order is changing.

I'd rather earn zero returns on capital for an extended period of time (years) than getting stuck in capital losses on equity that is quicksand, sucked in and unable to get out. If and when carnage arrives, those with spare cash would be able to pounce on abundant opportunities (Robert Kiyosaki only waiting for the big crash ).

Capital is to be preserved for the hard rainy days ahead, it is about preservation more than returns.

During peace time, we yearn for a new hand phone or car, during war, we yearn for peace (money is secondary). During peace time, we are driven by insatiable greed and for super normal returns, during war, we wish we could only have our original capital back and no losses to carry. During peace time, money helps a cushy life, during war, money is contingency to survive and get out of harm's way.

As the NAB ad says , What is Money?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.