Since 1956, equities have peaked six times after the start of an...

1. 20,621 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1963
    Since 1956, equities have peaked six times after the start of an inversion, and the economy has fallen into recession within seven to 24 months - can it be different this time - why not, since the last couple of years, there has always been a first of something that one would never thought would occur. I would imagine that a competent Fed would throw the kitchen sink to ensure that a recession can and will be averted - because they know (you bet they know) the stakes are very high (high corporate debts, all those nasty bits fleshed out by the video I posted etc) - but all it takes is an incompetent Fed or one poor move [ or are central bankers losing their power and their relevance? ] and the world could well end in a deep recession or even depression as the Fed mistakenly did during the 1920s Great Depression. This is the precipice I was referring to. Can the present administration and Fed manage a financial crisis even as close as what Hank Paulsen and Obama did back in 2008? I wont hold my breath, they were the ones creating the present predicament so what confidence can we have they can solve the very problems they created.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.