Interestingly I started to see reporting on the 10 year US bond...

1. 415 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    Interestingly I started to see reporting on the 10 year US bond yield showing up in the mainstream press yesterday, once again it seems you have your finger on the pulse here 1ronnie.

The point about capital preservation in the short to medium term seems at least worth consideration. Do you feel any asset classes might be safer in the event of a major US correction or a recession? Gold seems an obvious choice, however I would hardly want to have more than a token % of my capital in that space. What of Australian property? It appears as if perhaps the correction in the capital cities may be over, however do you feel that a major drop in equity markets might also be paired with further drops in the property market, or is it more likely to actually trigger growth in property prices as people look for a place to shift their capital during falling share prices?

At least in the short term, I am going to be more careful with my entries into equities and ensure I have sensible stop losses, even on conviction stocks (for me) such as DUB.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.