Next week is pivotal for the US market to hold their ground, as...

1. 23,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2105
    Next week is pivotal for the US market to hold their ground, as it cannot afford any further losses given current technical weakness.
    It needs to hold 4000 on the S&P500 to avoid moving into uncharted territory that could bring unleash mass liquidation prompted by margin calls. If the S&P500 goes below 3850, you can hear mainstream media crying out Bear Market which is going to wake up all those Buy and Forget first time investors in equity funds who may start worrying if their money is safe.

One crucial data next week will be pivotal and that is the US CPI print that will be out on Wednesday night our time. So markets will be on razors edge for the first half of the week. A much larger CPI print could trigger a big selloff but a lower than expected one could validate the peak inflation theory some of the hopefuls have been indicating. May 11 could be the start of a market crash or the bottoming of the current market malaise.

And I would rather not be long nor be seduced to short. I would be sidelined and Doing Nothing is indeed Doing Something for me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.