One thing I believe this thread does reasonably well is staying...

1. 20,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1963
    One thing I believe this thread does reasonably well is staying ahead of the narrative so we can see possibilities in the future. But many erroneously believe that what is opined here as likelihoods that is going to pan out the next day, the next week or the next month. It may well do so but no one is that great a timing market oracle and I do not claim to be one. That said, I did call out and caution on the tech massacre post Feb 18 correction, the Covid correction (a quarter before it happened), the Blue Wave rally in Oct-Nov 2020 just weeks before, the equity bear market at the end of last year/start of this year and the commodities correction around April this year. It may be luck or it may following and listening to the cues closely and assessing prevailing risks on a constant basis.

My opinion on Buy and Hold is very well articulated and expressed here, which certainly runs contrary to mainstream views. And believe me, I am not having an opinion as such just to be different. It is because we do not realise that our molded beliefs on the issue is more than what it seems. Index tracking as expressed here can be misleading, they are just a guide on market sentiment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.