..yes I did say that...before I even read this. He was always...

1. 19,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1943
    ..yes I did say that...before I even read this. He was always the mini-me version of Trump.
    Morrison's multiple ministries 'more Trump than Westminster', Bill Shorten says
    NDIS minister Bill Shorten was just on the ABC’s Afternoon Briefing, and was asked what he thought of the biggest story of the day (former PM Scott Morrison taking on multiple ministries).

Shorten said it was the dysfunction that concerned him, and compared Morrison to former US president Donald Trump, and added that it was “shocking” that a PM would accrue power.
    Here’s his answer:
    Viewers might say what is this to do with us? We’ve discovered that we had a prime minister who was acting more from the Donald Trump playbook than the Westminster democracy playbook.
    The idea that a prime minister is accruing powers, not telling the public at large is shocking.
    The fact [is] he didn’t even trust his own cabinet. When a prime minister and cabinet don’t know what each other is doing, that is a fundamental breakdown in our system of government.
    If it was all above board you would have told people, wouldn’t you.
    Even if they felt they needed to keep it secret, this speaks to a pathology or sickness that existed in the previous government. Mr Morrison had his ‘miracle election win’, the problem is their conduct since then was just shocking.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.