"No House seat, no office in this land is more important than...

1. 20,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1963
    "No House seat, no office in this land is more important than the principles that we are all sworn to protect. And I well understood the potential political consequences of abiding by my duty"

How many politicians would say this today that deserves total respect, that the principles of democracy is far more important than self interests or interests of the political party. And yet, many people today forget why upholding those principles are totally important, otherwise we are no different from being ruled by dictatorial regimes as seen in many developing countries (with pseudo democracy, aka democracy in name only but subject to totalitarian rule of iron fisted leaders).

Who made the above quote? It was Liz Cheney after she conceded defeat in her Wyoming primary. Now I can hear you're changing your mind about how appropriate that quote was if you support the ex-president.

Principles are not left just as Pragmatism are not right. Principles have been the guiding light all along until we entered this decade and everything got topsy turvy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.