Thanks for all your work Ronnie and no need to apologize....

1. 1,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Thanks for all your work Ronnie and no need to apologize. Although there is optimism surrounding US-China trade and Brexit at the moment we do have earnings starting Tuesday night. This could make for an interesting couple of weeks and might help gold move upto that next leg so I agree not a time to sell. I shuffled into GDX and some very modest exposure in NST, EVN, and SAR to give me a bit more leverage and looking forward to seeing how these trades work out. This could be a good time for some wanting to take positions in gold with it now sitting at the bottom of the range.

And unlucky about some of your opportunity stocks that have just kept running. Buying has been relentless in the likes of PNV. I hope some of your gold specs multi-bag to make up for any lost gains. I made some nice gains shorting the Russell 2000 via the IWM etf and was lucky to close out my trades before the puts moved back out of the money on the spike overnight. Enjoy the your weekend and cheers again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/profits-expected-to-fall-as-earnings-season-kicks-off-in-the-week-ahead.html

Key points:
    • Third-quarter earnings season gets underway with major banks first up on Tuesday.
    • Profits for the S&P 500 are expected to fall by 3.1% for the quarter, according to Refinitiv, but it may be like other quarters where results beat forecasts and overall earnings gain.
    • Analysts are watching to see how much the trade wars are costing companies, and groups sensitive to global growth are seeing the biggest declines, like energy and materials.
    • The upcoming week also includes some important data, including Wednesday’s retail sales.
    Last edited by Prodigalson7: 12/10/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.