For clarity, this thread is not intended and to be perceived as...

1. 20,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1963
    For clarity, this thread is not intended and to be perceived as solely pitching gold - although I consider it to be an asset class that is presently worthy to be in for purposes of insurance against what is coming. While gold and gold stocks are undergoing a consolidation after a sprint in June-mid August, watching it on a daily basis can be contradictory to the very purpose of its inclusion - and that is Insurance for the longer term. So suck it up as they say in the short term, but I'd expect gold producers to report good cashflows when they are due soon- with NST coming up shortly.

Instead, this thread is here to present what is happening - yes the ones you don't hear often on mainstream news and the ones you'd probably like to block your ears from hearing.

I'd like to be in the position to be back long and yearn for a clear coast to come out to play ...but it may well look like this is going to take longer than a quarter to settle down.
    https://www.macrotrends.net/2593/nikkei-225-index-historical-chart-data
    Let's hope we don't end up with 30 years of market basically going nowhere like the Nikkei which peaked at the end of 1989 and is still below its peak after 30 years- this is a moribund economy that has been in coma for decades despite rounds and rounds of QE.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.