What is described in the video i.e price manipulation especially...

1. 22,456 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2049
    What is described in the video i.e price manipulation especially in relation to price suppression is not incompatible with the recent pattern of market price behaviour. However, algorithmic trading and small volume price manipulation have known to be in existence for quite awhile , why are we seeing more of this (if indeed it is true which I have no idea) in a more obvious pattern than before? Or has the invisible hand taken advantage of prevailing uncertainties amongst market participants ? Is this also consistent with increasing price jawboning of instos selected stocks? Could it even be a part of a larger syndicated scheme?

We don't and won't know the answer but if true and the authorities do not put a lid on it, we can expect that it could eventually lead trading activities to a moribund state.

Any common retailer like us are supposed to understand only two major things before investing - the global and domestic macro economic outlook including interest rates, Fed and market risks environment and secondly, the underlying fundamentals and business outlook of the company (or companies) invested in. And believe me, that is already a tall order! Now we must also understand or become aware of shifting market propensity for asset classes (e,g from growth stocks to value stocks and then back to growth stocks) , the dealings of hedge funds/financial engineering shenanigans and now the opaque dealings of algorithmic trading possibly becoming more pervasive and effective in disrupting normal share price patterns. Retailers will always be behind the curve in regards to these aspects and can be unduly and adversely impacted despite doing all the right things.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.