Its Over, page-184

1. 23,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2105
    http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/copper/10-year/

Watch those copper prices! Copper is now in a bear market. It has just broken down from a sideways chart pattern.

So what does a falling copper mean?

Copper has always been a good barometer of economic activity as it gets used in construction activities, electricity, transportation and other infrastructure

There is an apt expression: “the economy is topped with a copper roof”.
    The recent fall in copper price coincides with the drop in Shanghai exchange. It possibly signifies that all is not well with China. The copper down-slope represents the inherent weakness of the world economy and could be a sign of an impending financial collapse.

I am not a Chanos or Peter Navarro to go anti-China (far from it), in fact I believe that China being a central economy has strong abilities to control its economy. However, the copper price indicator is to be taken quite seriously (see copper price in the chart with GFC happened in 2008). It is not crunch time yet but it shows the best part of recent economic growth is now behind us.
    I believe we could be within a couple of years away from a serious recession. So look out for the next signs of implosion whether that stems from an emerging market or EU. Important to stay nimble, and be prepared and put in place appropriate risk management.

upload_2018-7-20_11-9-16.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.