Thank you for your kind words ivory, it is my pleasure to bring...

1. 21,139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1981
    Thank you for your kind words ivory, it is my pleasure to bring that insight (from various people who can analyse beyond the ordinary) to this thread and all who follows it.

It is unlikely that the US would ever consider a gold backed currency, but there may be a possibility that China would be the first to do so perhaps in 3-5 years after they have dumped all their USTs and bought enough gold (which they have been accumulating rather aggressively over the past year and a half).

Everything that is unfolding is particularly concerning with the US. It is becoming trapped financially and politically. Its reserve currency status is beginning to show signs of fracture. The USD became the reserve currency since 1920, and seemingly if one were to review past reserve currencies from Spain to Netherlands to France to Britain, each lasted about 100 years before being replaced; the dollar has just passed 100 years.

Geopolitics has become a very important consideration in investing now. This is why as I had pointed out, the behaviour of gold in recent times have run counter against conventional wisdom. Despite the strength of the USD and the rise in US 10 year yields, Gold is unnerved and able to hold its own. Not just central banks, but the ultra rich families and family offices are ploughing into Gold as a safe haven holding, prepared to lost out on interest they would otherwise earn in cash/money market.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.