@kalinda - and @1ronnie - and maybe @big e, too, who recommended...

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @kalinda - and @1ronnie - and maybe @big e, too, who recommended this thread to me. There are many people on HC who seem to spend a lot of time posting, sometimes rubbish, often repeats, often in support of a single stock, which has long gone to the dogs IMO - it's called 'ramping' but o.k if it happens inside the dedicated thread . . . it is rare to get factual information.

The reason why 1ronnie does not have a great number of upticks is, that his thread is a very general one - it often takes a long time to read/study. Yes, he does quote from other publications, the material is quite technical at times; (where he loses me, but slowly I am back at learning some stock market lore) - and I like the fact that he does quote from other sources - with links - and you are free to check on some of them - and then take your pick.

If I were a full-time share trader (mine is just a hobby on a small scale, I don't have the funds to lose, missed out on the early LTR investment confused.png) - but have many other interests. Just surviving well and healthy at my age, is a challenge, keeping friends is important - real life friends, I mean - music is important to me - so the stock market is a side-line, reading HotCopper is something of a hobby, as I find it is an interesting study in psychology, use of language (English is my second language), I like to imagine the characters behind each poster I am interested in - am a bit of a hobby writer, too - as can be seen by the length of my contributions (.rolleyes.png ) . . .

If I may say: you are a little unkind in your assessment - ours is not to judge how much time people spend on research and posting - just be grateful that someone can be bothered - you can take your pick at reading/taking advice or not of 1ronnie's, or anyone else's, posts on HC, it's still a free world - and these people generously contribute their time and writing free of charge on a free forum - which I find amazing and am grateful for.

Thankyou, both, for your input into a fascinating area of life.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.