I see the same behaviour in BIG forum as I see in LTR, again not...

1. 23,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2113
    I see the same behaviour in BIG forum as I see in LTR, again not equating LTR to BIG (far from it).

When AFR revealed suspicious activity in BIG, the LT BIG holders and loyalists condemned AFR instead of taking cover. They considered that AFR (Financial review) was doing them in.

I had highlighted in my posts that Citi was taking a serious short position in LTR and Macquarie was also calling June month to be headwinds for the stock. There were enough cues that the stock was due for a sharp decline after a sharp rally from under $1 to $1.50. But instead the forum took offence to the shorts, condemning the shorts with total hatred rather than objectively assessing the situation that the adverse environment and narrative was a compelling case for the shorts and that they were heightening their activity- the cue could be interpreted as sell first to buy back later, just LT holders should have sold to Gina at $3.

LTR commonly talks about family - just like it was in every cult stock- members lose sight of everything else, stock price is not simply determined by what the company does, and management can be doing everything right but market conditions are simply bad that they can't do much.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.