Its Over, page-22584

1. 11,334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 719
    I agree that the job becomes finding the few. It can be done. I have shown that.

Of course, you are right that one still needs to monitor things and sell at the appropriate time. I sold CER on a 100x return for example and holidayed for a number of years on the proceeds which also reduced the tax payable on the gains a great deal.

The downside example.

I currently have some AW1O options paid under a cent for them and they have been to 20c or so and back to the 2c area right now and expire in September. I really could lose 100% here but still hold and still hold as a profit for the time being if sold. Lots of news between now and the September expiry could see huge gains or see me lose 100% or 1x. The upside like last year is more than 20x potentially. @1ronnie the shares you posted above are showing changes of only 10-30% in the main. Those figures are totally dwarfed by my figures in percentage terms due to the ratios.

ie 10-30% versus

lose 100% or gain 2000%

One can lose many times and still be well ahead overall due to the ratios - they really make a difference.

I don't expect to lose on AW1O but could in say a general market crash. If that happens, I will have lots of stocks to pick from that have fallen huge percentages including AW1. Crashes are scary but in the long run they enable buying at very low prices. A good thing for long term holds.
    Last edited by nippy: 03/07/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.