I am optimistic about the future. However, waiting for a...

1. 275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    I am optimistic about the future. However, waiting for a recurrence of events similar to those of 2000 or 2008 is akin to focusing on past occurrences. Since the inception of this thread in 2018, the ASX200 has shown a 35% increase. While the ASX200 represents the market as a whole, our primary focus is on individual stocks rather than market indices. Thus, while the chart below demonstrates a general upward trend in the market, its significance to our trading decisions is limited, and that is the same in a crash. Regarding the potential for a rapid increase ("melt-up"), as indicated in the chart below, I do not foresee such a scenario. The current ASX200 trend appears to be a steady upward movement, lacking the pronounced exponential surge we saw before the 2007 GFC crash. Given the significant performance of commodities in our market, I anticipate this strength will continue to positively influence the ASX200 index.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6290/6290946-d1e180afd3d952e852e852a5ec5efa89.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.