...I totally agree with Middlekoop, his understanding of...

1. 22,804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2069
    ...I totally agree with Middlekoop, his understanding of hegemony and the link to the USD as the world's reserve currency is precisely what I had previously said in this thread about US as the hegemony.

...now when I say 'hegemony' I am not making a judgment on whether it is good or bad or if I am with the idea or not, but simply stating what is the case.

...you can all dislike the elitist and all but you could have said the same of the British Empire.

...US administration has been like what it has been in the past - to maintain its hegemony it needs to be in control.

...you guys may love an outsider like Trump but he will weaken US hegemony - not make America great. He will isolate America, and isolation would cause US to lose its credence and role as an international arbiter and one capable of using force when needed.

...the decline of the American empire, as with the British, will eventually pave the way for its replacement by a new hegemony, and I don't think I need to tell you who that is.

...either Trump will be stopped to preserve America's hegemonic power or Trump will stop and isolate America.

....when no one wants to buy US Treasuries because they can't see eye to eye with Trump's America, the US will be toast.

....so few realise that standing on a feet of clay, US is almost bankrupt if the US can't sell its bonds readily which means it has to raise rates like some emerging economies.

---------

My two cents on Trump & Bitcoin

The US hegemony is centered around the dollar. Without the dollar as the World Reserve Currency, this empire crumbles. The FEDs (and all other Western central bankers) will do all in their power to protect this dollar empire. Because it is a centralized system, they can. Buying Bitcoin is a vote against this dollar system (just like gold). Because Bitcoin is also de-centralized, central bankers (and their politicians) can never accept Bitcoin to become too powerful because they would lose control. (However, it can be accepted as a powerful fringe currency). The guardians of this dollar hegemony can never accept a country rising to power, which can threaten the hegemon (That's why the US is at war with China). The elitists can never accept a President they can't control. The Trump 1 administration colored between the hegemon lines and was more or less controlled by Deep State actors (former Wall Street/Pentagon). A new Trump administration is much more dangerous since Trump is so revengeful now, especially after the failed assassination. Now that Trump has started endorsing Bitcoin, he will be stopped (or brought under control again).

https://x.com/wmiddelkoop/status/1817467127562924491

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.