Its Over, page-23276

1. 23,011 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2082
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/gold.2750023/page-128612?post_id=75148989

This is important so I better re post it here.

Rather than being apathetic to developments in economy and markets, which I know many retailers are, this is a timely opportunity to assess our positioning.

Most people don’t even try to want to understand developments in economy and markets despite being investors. And even when I try to explain to them, it is hard to get across the message. They don’t want to understand, perhaps they are too invested and history had been kind to them. They will tell you about being astute like Warren Buffett, even though their belief that Buffett never sells is hugely misplaced. Buffett recent sell down of stocks including Apple is an early warning sign that even the most astute investor does not blindly Buy and Hold with no idea when to sell or if wise to even sell. Plenty of people who know how to buy but have no clue when to sell. And people buy at the wrong time sell at the wrong time.

and many seniors would never sell their beloved stocks (which had resonated with them) even before market adversities, sitting on them because they have no use for the money, being frugal as they are, so it won’t really matter or hurt them except the wealth that they pass on when they leave the world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.