...LTR's share price has sagged -40% since then. ...the...

1. 23,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2092
    ...LTR's share price has sagged -40% since then.

...the spruikers are now nowhere to be seen.

On 6 June, I wrote on LTR forum (price was $1.18)

Near term production news was what that led to the exuberance that led LTR to gain >50% from under $1 to $1.50.
    Shorts are just taking advantage of general market weakness which we have now to prey on sectors they deem weakest - of which lithium is one.

It would be better IMO if both advocates and naysayers stop spruiking long/short views, let it rest and let the company do the talking.

There is a saying that the more people try to impress this is the 'greatest baked product in town', the more likely it sounds 'sus', turning people away. I think market participants are smart enough to do their own research and the proof is in the pudding in what the company comes out with.

What led my engagement on this thread and perhaps others too is the sheer amount of spruiking to kingdom come on this LTR thread. You are actually doing the silent and quiet shareholders a disservice with over the top 'high fives' - a great company requires no promotion, its actions speak for themselves.

on the same day 6 June 2024

Stock weakness is not entirely due to short sellers, which only part explains it.

I think more are beginning to understand the adverse macro environment and selling ahead of what they perceive to be more weakness ahead. Macquarie believes June will be a tough month for LTR/PLS.

The big three major lithium stocks PLS/LTR/MIN have yet to experience the bigger selldown that other smaller lithium stocks have had - the premium they enjoy reflect the maturity of their project which is fair enough- but now they've got some unwinding to do of the gains made over the past 4 months.

Technically, LTR has breached the uptrend line from Feb24 and its $1.20 support on 2 May 24 and now en route to $1.08-1.10 in the near term, breaching which would likely see it retrace back to $1/

6 month view
    LTR Stock Price and Chart — ASX:LTR — TradingView

Near term production news is all known and not unexpected and fully priced into the stock.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.