Per Gary Savage: I'm pretty sure gold has bottomed at $2500 and...

1. 23,729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2107
    Per Gary Savage:

I'm pretty sure gold has bottomed at $2500 and I'm not going to get the retest of $2450 as I hoped. It's game on now. The run to $2800 ($4000-$5000 by the end of next year) should start to accelerate. $35 silver seems like a reasonable target and maybe even $40 before year end.

He's bullish now.

The one big reason to be bullish is the Fed pivot in Sept, but that could be all baked in, unless the Fed does 50bps.
    The new reason is news of Russia increasing its purchase of bullion over coming months.

But there is also a reason to be bearish or should I say cautious. And that is prospect of 'everything sold down' in a broad market selloff, a mini one we saw at the start of August.

SO for me, its a HOLD now, am happy with my holdings (not Gold stocks), if and when it goes lower, I would accumulate, otherwise I would only buy when the bull rally actually begins.

....lithium hodlers would IMO do better exiting their lithium stock positions and begin accumulating Gold (physical or ETF) instead (DYOR). I said this months ago, proven correct but I would likely be more correct as we progress with time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.