Its Over, page-23605

1. 23,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2101
    ...you have the weekend to make what you will about where the stock market is heading next week and the weeks thereafter.

...it is a predicament - you're not wanting to sell into the correction because it could be just another blip like so many before, but it could also be the start of a bigger and more serious downdraft, which may not even tantamount to a -10% correction but equally painful or even worse, the beginning of a major correction we are not prepared for.

...it is a decision people would have to consider, because they elected not to act in advance, sell into strength when the opportunity was there as I indicated months ago (even before my holidays in August) and stay on the sidelines with discipline, and just watch others FOMO as they want.

...the market could fall but recover to make new highs again before the ultimate crash, or things could just get worse from here. We don't know- but we ought to know that the days of seamless and endless rise in the market may be numbered even if that still has several months more worth of irrational exuberance.

...the only positive I can think of would be for a clear Trump victory that spark a renewed American confidence that could last several months (maybe half a year) to provide the final Melt-up before stocks implode subsequently under chaos and disorder that subsequently follows from his administration. I am not saying Trump will win but if Trump wins. For many stocks though I reckon the coming declines in ASX stocks won't be sufficiently made up by any such renewed optimism to return to the black. Our resource stocks are tied to China and China would be the target of a Trump administration while our banks fortunes are tied to a struggling domestic economy that would be hamstrung by China's economic woes. So from a risk reward perspective, ASX won't be getting much of the love if any in 2025. Either RBA would keep rates high in the absence of a recession in Australia or our economy tilts into a minor recession or negative growth, and we won't get much confidence either way.

#NDX, monthly A massive bearish divergence on the monthly NDX chart. Expect even more selling and more volatility ahead.

https://x.com/yuriymatso/status/1832552859092828497

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.