Its Over, page-36

1. 20,534 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1957
    Bringing you excerpts from Day 2 of Strategic Investment Conference (SIC) which is currently held in San Diego
    https://www.mauldineconomics.com/sic-2018

Events began this morning with an investor’s dream duo of Steve Blumenthal and JPMorgan’s **riela Santos.
    Steve kicked-off proceedings with a discussion around valuations and why they paint a negative picture for returns going forward.
    Throughout history, when valuations have been as high as they are today, returns have been in the low single digits or negative over the next decade. Thus, Blumenthal said investors should now be focusing on risk management and went through specific ways to do just that.
    JPMorgan Asset Management’s **riela Santos picked up where Steve left off, talking about asset allocation. She said investors should be focused on emerging market equities, specifically Latin America.
    Jared Dillian and I
    Up next was my one-on-one discussion with Jared Dillian. Jared walked out to the Bee Gees “Staying Alive.” Why?
    During the recent stock market correction, Jared quipped to me that investors need to be focused on “staying alive” because we are now entering a regime change in the markets.
    To highlight just how important avoiding losses are, Jared read the audience a letter he received in response to a Bloomberg article he penned. In the letter, the individual investor said they had lost over $400,000 in just a few hours during the recent correction.
    Always the contrarian, Jared left attendees with, “You want to do the trade that gets you laughed off CNBC.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.