Its Over, page-372

1. 22,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2044
    Choppiness in the market would likely persist until the outcome of the US midterm elections is known...I think with the latest events (synagogue shooting, pipe bomb mails) you'd think that Americans would have had enough with POTUS divisive remarks and would turn out in droves to change...maybe maybe not....but ironically as I said, a Trump loss could be a further setback for the US markets.

Alan Kohler over the weekend seems to believe the best is probably over for the stock market as we move into lower if not subpar returns. He also pointed out the stark divergence in the performance of the US market vis-a-vis Europe/Asia and that outperformance obviously cannot last into perpetuity. As I earlier indicated, the FAANG stocks contributed significantly to the Nasdaq and S&P indices and when they fall, they will surely cause a major fallback in the indices. As the market retrace, investors in the US would now be concern if the high valuation in these tech stocks are actually warranted. We have been there before...seen that previously when tech stocks could have their valuation skyrocket despite years of prolong losses...including our Atlassian , Netflix, Tesla etc.

The Fed continues to stay hawkish despite the commotion in the markets and would likely be taking the punchbowl away from the party...watch the bond markets...when they implode, the ripples would be far greater than what you're currently seeing.

From February this year, I started this thread ITS OVER to caution investors to be CAREFUL and not make the same mistakes during GFC. This time, probably in the year ahead or 2020, it would be the mother of all falls. Buy and Hold is absolutely dead! Mainstream financial advisers have all vested interest to ensure you stay invested and rightly so, if everyone pulls out and no one buys, the market would fall further. But the smart money have been moving out, divesting and/or reducing exposure.

Take care!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.