Mr PM, its not the money the aged care sector needs, it is a...

1. 20,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1957
    Mr PM, its not the money the aged care sector needs, it is a governance framework, regulated standard of care and revocation of licence if failure to meet those standards and even consideration of shift of aged care privatisation to corporatised mode .
    Under a corporatised mode, the Board reports to the Minister and is accountability for standards and governance, profitability becomes a secondary issue merely to meet operating requirements rather than a return to shareholders.

There are sectors you cannot give a free hand to private sector - aged care is one of them.

A corporatised approach blends the private sector operations with Government duty of care, and that is IMO the perfect balance as opposed to Government run aged care sector.
    Government will consider new aged care tax

Tom McIlroy

Scott Morrison says the government will consider a new tax to fund aged care.

“We’ll consider those things,” he said.

“You know our government’s disposition when it comes to increased levies and taxes. It is not something we lean in to.

“As Treasurer I once sought to increase the Medicare levy by 0.5 per cent to support the National Disability Insurance Scheme and I wasn’t supported in that by the Labor Party or the Greens for that matter. So that’s something that I’ve seen in other contexts that the parliament hasn’t supported before. So you’d forgive me for being a little wary at this point.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.