Its Over, page-9255

1. 22,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2054
    ....this is tragic
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/us/miami-building-collapse-photos.html

....as I said, living in high rise is placing your life in the hands of others.

....you have no absolute control when it comes to apartment living, investing in mutual funds/unit trust/funds* , parking in super because the actions or inactions of others affect you one way or another and they happen when you least suspect it.

The 12-story condo building that partially collapsed near Miami early Thursday morning was about to undergo extensive repairs for rusted steel and damaged concrete, an attorney involved in the project said Thursday.

Kenneth S. Direktor, a lawyer who represents the resident-led association that operates the Champlain Towers South building, said an engineer had identified the needed repairs in order for the building to meet structural standards as part of a recertification process for buildings that are 40 years old.

* did I tell you the story of Black Rock Gold Investment Fund, back in 2006 when gold was blazing higher, the fund did well until gold started to drop very quickly and one investor made a big redemption that forced the fund to offload and sell their gold equities at the very bottom and the fund never really recovered. That was when I learnt about REDEMPTION RISK with Funds. It is the sort of risk an investor can experience investing in popular funds like Cathie Woods'Ark Innovation. Of course, her cult is still working in her favour but when it does not, redemption risk .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.