To expand on HCW...

1. 20,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1968
    To expand on HCW

https://company-announcements.copyright link/asx/hmc/9c184b97-ed8f-11eb-8289-e6e13260a0ea.pdf

Why I would consider HCW a good long term investment

* Unique opportunity to invest in healthcare properties with long leases and good secured tenancy
    * Income yield of 4.5%
    * Stable, not volatile stock
    * Good hedge against inflation long term
    * Healthcare property showed to be resilient during recession, exemplified by AUHPT returns
    * Regional properties have strong growth outlook
    * Unlike AUHPT which only allows quarterly redemption on application, HCW is listed and liquid on demand (AUHPT is now closed for application, but was featured in this thread last year)
    * Having liquid exposure to the fastest growing property sector (healthcare is) while saving up for a deposit for a home (I did this before buying my house, so that if property moves up while one is still building up the deposit, at least you can still profit/gain to make up partially for a higher house price).

But of course, listed investments are subject to market risks including sectoral risk, people can panic and sell but if NAV does not fall, its an arbitrage opportunity.

Property is a long term wealth builder, not a stock for those looking for sharp spurts. That said, look at parent company HMC and sister co HDN in the powerpoint slide.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.