Its Over, page-48

1. 20,790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1964
    https://www.schwab.com/resource-center/insights/content/when-markets-dip-dont-drop-out
    The above is an interesting resource link for those (mainstream view) arguing that the long term investor who does not get in and out of the market will be the winner in the end. The chart is based on the index as opposed to individually held stocks so is only true if you hold an index ETF.
    I agree but only IF
    (1) You hold the right fundamentally sound stocks but even so called deemed growth good stocks could have its fundamentals and outlook changed over time (Facebook may not be the good growth stock in the coming year(s) I postulate, Ramsay Health not as good as it once stood), not so for specky stocks - only one I can think that will be best is CSL
    (2) It assumes that after a crash, the investor never gets back in. IMO not knowing how to get back in is just as bad as not knowing how to get out. So most people just hold on because they are bad or afraid to make mistake of jumping in and out and that's what mainstream experts tell us not to do. But what if you are in your 60s flushed with cash and allocated substantially in the market as TD pays pittance and next 5 years don't get you back to where it is now?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.